Streaming How I Won the War (1967) Online

How I Won the War (1967)How I Won the War (1967)iMDB Rating: 5.8
Date Released : 23 October 1967
Genre : Comedy, War
Stars : Michael Crawford, John Lennon, Roy Kinnear, Lee Montague
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

This film features former Beatle John Lennon and Roy Kinnear as ill-fated enlisted men in under the inept command of Lieutenant Earnest Goodbody. The story unwinds mostly in flashbacks of Lieutenant Goodbody who has lower-class beginnings and education which make him a poor officer who commands one of the worst units of the army.

Watch How I Won the War Trailer :

Review :

A different kind of war film

The first time I watched this film, it was because I was a big Beatles fan and wanted to see John Lennon's performance. I was in my teens and didn't understand much of what went on, but at least I made a valiant effort.

The second time I watched this film -- about a decade later -- it was because I was now a big Richard Lester fan and wanted to see if I understood a little more of what was going on; I did. A decade spent honing my sense of irony and a crash course in classic British comedy helped out there.

This film is right up there with "Dr. Strangelove" as far as black comedies about the insanity of war go. And any film where John Lennon gets to say, "Can I rub your ball, sir? It gives me great pleasure." is okay in my book.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment